Posted In: News on June 13, 2011
Discussion of how President Nixon and his Department of Justice took down organized crime in many of the nation’s cities (June 13, 2011, University Club, Washington, DC)
Title: Combating Organized Crime in the Nixon Era
- Nixon Library: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvc8VzOs4X4&list=PLiF7JevUP8B9XIAdWZd5bfX7-jLKDyz7b&index=12
- Nixon Foundation: http://youtu.be/OIx3bsQUm7Q
- C-Span: http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/300038-1
- Moderator: Geoff Shepard, Associate Director of the Domestic Council
- Panelists: Professor Bob Blakely, former chief counsel of Senate Judiciary; Wallace Johnson, former minority counsel of Senate Judiciary and Associate Deputy Attorney General for Legislative Affairs; and Pete Velde, head of the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration.